Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gyro Kinetic apparatus - "Big Geek"

Gyro Kinetic apparatus - "Big Geek" Video Clips. Duration : 4.80 Mins.


Hi, Nickname of this project - (Big Geek). I've spent many thousands of pounds over the years playing around with this project and hope it may be of interest. I built this apparatus back in 2005 and have continued it's development on and off for 5 years, it started after I was bought a "Gyro PowerBall" back in late 2004 and had the thought that if I placed the product in a fixed chassis that it could still actuate the spinning gyro ball and it did. After reading about the shortage of power my mind was racing and I started to develop an idea of using a Gyro based system to generate electricity and be an alternative to wind farms etc. A stainless ball was then engineered instead of the plastic version and I added NEO magnets on the outside that were used to generate AC voltage using home brew wound coils, the stainless chassis was introduced to stop the magnetic forces attracting and cogging to the frame as the original steel version did. I've shown this to various people including the Welsh Assembly Government, Patent Agents and Business People who have all be intrigued by it and I am now making it public as you may have an interest in it, as I have been advised it may just be an office toy gimmick!! The flywheel is started first by a starter motor that races the ball up to 4000rpm using approx 5 watts for 3 secs only, the gyro or spinning effect then starts and then the timing of the actuator kicks in allows the apparatus to run with a power source to the actuator. One ...

Tags: generators, electricity, power, energy, gyro, gyroelectric, invention, generator, physics, magnet, magnets, flywheel, battery, sphere, amazing, nasa, torque, apbtechnology, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment